Saturday, August 8, 2009

Three simple points - health care debate / Chris Matthews plays the race card



"I'm sick of being called "violent". I'm sick of being told to sit down and shut up. I'm sick of being called a shill for the Republican party, insurance companies or anybody else. I oppose Obamacare because I oppose it, not because anybody told me to.

I'll use my voice to speak out loudly against this plan because it is wrong. I've been told I should stop my opposition because Obamacare would benefit me, and they're probably right in that I would see some benefit from Obamacare: I'm one of those uninsured people you hear about. But even though a law may benefit me, I will not support it if it is wrong to do so, which it is in this case.

Want me and others like me to quit shouting you down? Want us to actually discuss and debate instead of digging in our heels and screaming "no"? Well then, show me where Obamacare isn't on the wrong side of the following three points:

* Obamacare is being sold on the premise that health care is a "right." Health care and medicine are the products of someone's labor, and declaring that you have a right to the products of another's labor, or declaring that you have a right to tell those people how much their labor is worth and they get no say in the matter? I'm sorry, but that's the very definition of slavery.
* Telling others that they don't have the right to profit, and indeed that profit is evil? Profiting from your work is not evil, it's the only reason to work! Without profit, there is no legitimate incentive to work. The only incentive that could be left is that you are forced to work.
* Last, and definitely not least, point to anything in the Constitution where the federal government is granted the authority to pass a bill like Obamacare into law.

The first two points are that Obamacare is tantamount to slavery. Denying someone a profit from their labor while you profit from that labor yourself is the very definition of slavery. The last shows that Obamacare is unlawful, as it is not in the Constitutional powers granted Congress, the President or the Federal Government to enact such a "plan".

I have yet to find an Obamacare supporter who has even tried to argue any of these three things. Feel free to share this in any other forum. Print them out if you'd like. Take it to a town hall and ambush a Congresscritter with them.

Written by yours truly, M. Sage."

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: